Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Beginning of the 'Lasts'

As we're coming to the end of living in lovely St. Kitts, I find myself thinking about our very last parties, our very last snorkeling adventure, our very last beach trip to Gong, our very last everything. I'm all, "Oooh this is the last time we'll go to..." or, "Gahh! I can't believe this is Trooper's last island haircut." I think I even said something about buying butter for the last time at IGA a few days ago...to which Matthew rolled his eyes and ignored me. Typical.

Anyway, I guess this is your warning that you're in for a lot of whiny and pouty posts about 'last' something. On that note, let's get started!

For the last two years, Matthew and I have gone down to The Strip to either play or watch beach volleyball every Friday. I can only think of a few times where we didn't make it...and I can't imagine what was more important than going to the beach in the afternoon to hang out with our friends, and drink waaaay too much beer. Yep, no idea.

So yes, you probably saw this coming, but I feel the need to tell you that last Friday was our very last beach volleyball event! Gahhhh so sad. However, we enjoyed too many buckets of Stag beer, a bonfire, and I even had my picture taken with a donkey!

Very last Friday beach volleyball. *sigh*

Me and my new friend.

Sunset @ The Strip.


I sure hope Raleigh will provide me with lots of activities to aid in my post-island-life-depression...

No comments:

Post a Comment