Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Couple of Updates

Recent events:

Abby and I had a Ladies of Leisure going away party at Karma Beach Bar on Wednesday evening. Even though the party was just for the females, a few of the desperate househusbands happened to crash it! Well...technically, they were looking for something to do because they were bored...and I invited them. But me saying they 'crashed' our evening sounds much more dramatic and fun.

Anyway, it was so very nice to see everyone and to be out of the house. Also, Wednesday was the day that our Caribbean 'winter' began. The breeze was so strong and so cool that night. Dare I suggest we were a little...cold? Yes I know! Crazy! We experienced such a heat-blistering summer that it was nice to finally catch a break..not that I'm complaining since I will soon be back in Michigan where it's currently snowing. But back to our evening at Karma: Thanks to everyone who attended! Abby and I enjoyed your company...or maybe that was because of the free shots of tequila. Eh well. Haha, I kid. I kid.

The next event that occurred was Matthew's Transition Ceremony, which is quite similar to the White Coat Ceremony. But instead of being inducted into the veterinary medicine field with the presentation of a white coat, the students are presented with an instrument pack with their initials engraved on each piece. Fancy, huh?! I was pretty effing hungover, (wow this seems like a trend lately), but I managed to attend and enjoy the ceremony.

On Friday, Matty played in the championship flag football game. As per usual, it was Pink vs. Black, and Matty's semester/D12 team won the whole thing. Congrats girls and boys!

Lastly, I'm going to end this post with an irrelevant, but adorable photo of Kittsy and Trooper. How cute are they?


VIP group photo @ Karma.
One more try...
Jackie, Matty, and Ashley @ the Transition Ceremony.
Matty and Sharon
The NC State crew: Matty, Kirsten, Greg, Margaret, Rhiannon, and Juan
Vet Prep Crew - May 2010
D12 Flag Football Champions!
Bringing it in, one more time.
Booze.
I told you they were cute...


No comments:

Post a Comment