Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tracey's Baby Shower

Yesterday, Tamsin and I threw a baby shower for our friend and coworker, Tracey. We enjoyed a lovely afternoon celebrating our pregnant friend, and her soon-to-be-born baby boy. The theme was anything ocean/beach-related, and we hosted the soiree at Silver Reef's outdoor pool.

Every guest brought either a dish or beverage to pass, so we ended up with enough food and drink to feed a small army. Or a bunch of hungry ladies and kids. Whichever. Anyway, I made 'Land & Sea' cupcakes, and they turned out really quite well. I stole was inspired by Martha Stewart's 'Shark and Beach' cupcakes, which of course I later pinned. I chose to make (from scratch), vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. My icing didn't quite turn out as 'wavy' as Martha's, but I got over that. Oh, and just so you know, they were very tasty!

I also stole found a freebie print set of Wishes for Baby cards on one of my Pinterest boards that I pinned a long time ago. I felt pretty awesome for actually making use of an idea I pinned!

As with all baby showers, we played a few games. Since we were hosting the beachy-themed party at a pool, I figured I'd incorporate our environment as well as our theme into the activities. We played Beach Ball Toss and Beach Dress-up Relay Race. No, I did not come up with the games myself. Haha. I found a list of them here. The guests seemed to think they were fun, and I didn't have to heckle them too much into participating. 

Overall, I'd say that everyone had a nice afternoon snacking, splashing, and seeing Tracey and her adorable pregnant belly. Only a few more months to go before Jaden Ty arrives!


The 'Land & Sea' cupcakes that I baked and decorated. Too cute! 

Shark fin!



'Sea' Cucumber Sandwiches.


Brainstorming ideas for the 'Wishes for Baby' cards. 

View of the pool and a few guests. 



Here I am, informing the girls on how to play the 'Beach Dress-up Relay Race' game. 

Here are a few of us playing 'Beach Ball Toss.'

Tamsin, Tracey, and me. 

The guest of honor and a few friends. 







2 comments:

  1. Catherine, you are St. Kitt's best party planner!!! I love the cupcakes. Miss you to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! We had so much fun yesterday. Wish you and Mason could have been partying with us. :)

      Delete