Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pink Semester Banquet

As I mentioned in a previous post, the Pink Semester hosted their banquet at Spice Mill Restaurant on Saturday, July 28th. Matthew and I were looking forward to going and celebrating with everyone, but I started to feel quite ill on Thursday night. It was pretty terrible. For someone who, (knock on wood), never gets sick, I had one nasty head cold and fever. By the time Saturday morning rolled around, I was fairly certain that I would not be going. However, I didn't want Matty to miss out on his friends' soiree, so I dug deep, and did my best to not look like a train wreck. Although...I almost passed out getting ready. And I couldn't taste any of the food that was served. And I was about to pass out around 9:30 p.m. I had to walk outside and get some air. Thankfully, my friend, Daisy, followed me out of the building to make sure I was alright. After I sat and pouted for a while, Matthew found me and we headed to the bar and then to the dance floor. Eventually, my fever broke and I was feeling much better. Perhaps it was the sea of sweaty dancers, or maybe the cocktail that helped. Or a combination...maybe. Either way, I finally was able to start having a good time. Of course, I felt crummy the next day, probably due to over-exerting myself. But hey—I survived, and I had a nice time.

With that said, here are a few photos from the event:



Shane and Matthew

Sharon and Matthew

Posing with some lovely ladies: Sharon and Rhiannon.

Posing with a few of my favorite VIPs, Brett and Ryan. Can't believe they leave in a few short weeks.

This photo is sufficiently awkward.


Matty with a few ladies from his Vet Prep crew.  


No comments:

Post a Comment