Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ladies' Luncheon @ Palm Court Gardens

A group of we Ladies of Leisure met at Palm Court Gardens this afternoon. I have been to this venue several times now, but there were a few ladies who had not, so I was looking forward to sharing this pretty location with them. Our plan was to bask in the sunshine, enjoy the beautiful view of Basseterre Bay, walk the grounds, check out the Shell Works gift shop, chit chat, and enjoy lunch. However...the weather had different plans for us as soon as we arrived. After deciding to go sit outside near the pool to provide us with a nice breeze, we saw that a rainstorm was headed our way. Go figure. (And of course, it is currently bright and sunny as I'm writing this.) It eventually rained downpoured, and we had no choice but to move inside. And by 'inside' I mean into the actual owners' living space. The restaurant is designed for semi-covered, indoor/outdoor seating, but the the rain was spilling into every available seating area. Despite the rain and gloomy weather, we still managed to have a nice time...thanks to the staff who were very accommodating. 

The entrance to Palm Court Gardens.

I ordered 'rum punch' for lunch. I loved the conch shell-shaped glass. 

Normally, you can see the rest of the island from this view. Not so much in this photo. Instead, you can see the rainstorm slowly making its way towards us. 

I have a thing for chandeliers. I couldn't resist snapping a photo of this one while we were inside for lunch.

Probably my favorite photo from this afternoon. From left to right: Tracey, Stephanie, and Tamsin, with their babies. As Stephanie mentioned, there must be something in the water. Good thing I ordered rum punch...



No comments:

Post a Comment