Wednesday, July 25, 2012

{Conversations}

I have not blogged about this yet, but I've been working at the RUSVM Preparatory School during their summer camp season. I promise to blog about my experiences, but it will be sometime in August when I'm finished working. In the mean time, please enjoy this {conversation}.

But first...some background information: Today, I was in the 1st-3rd graders' classroom. Our project was to decorate masquerade masks and upon completion, wear them. This particular age group is quite fun when it comes to 'Arts & Crafts' time because they get excited about the simplest things, and they love to play 'dress up.' Last week's theme was 'Wild Wild West,' and I printed out moustache props for them. Upon digging through my craft box while the students were decorating their masks, I found a bunch of extra moustaches without owners. The children were very excited about the opportunity to wear them again this week, and of course started talking about moustaches in general. Here is a snippet among two precocious 1st grade girls:

Belle: I love your moustache, Lia.

Lia: Thanks. I love wearing it. If I could grow a moustache, I would. But moustaches are only for boys.

Belle: Technically, moustaches can appear on both genders.

Lia: Really?

Belle: Yes. One time, I saw a lady with a moustache—a really furry moustache. It was awesome.

Lia: Whooooooooooooa that's so cooooooooooooooooooooool.


No comments:

Post a Comment