Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Attempt at Beach Volleyball

I have recently been inducted into the world of beach volleyball. I think the last time I played on an official volleyball team, was in 1997. I was in seventh grade and thought, "Hey---why not?" HA---I spent the following ten matches figuring out exactly why not. Needless to say, I made that season my first and last.

You may have noticed from previous posts, that Mateo and I routinely wander down to Timothy's Beach on Fridays to watch our friends play beach volleyball. I haven't felt any attraction to the sport since attending. I rather enjoy sitting on the sidelines, cheering, and enjoying a few Caribs (local beer). I was aware that there was a VIP team, but made no attempt at volunteering my lack of skills. If I was that bad at standard volleyball played on a gym floor, I couldn't even imagine what it'd be like to play on sand.

However, I did eventually get recruited by my dear friend, Erin. *sigh* She mentioned that there was another VIP team and that she was the only girl who played on it. I couldn't believe that! Sooo I hesitantly volunteered myself to help out. I am pleased to report that it's going well. We play on the "B" league, so it's less competitive and far more laid back than the "A" league. 

Check out the ridiculous snapshots of me in action...you can thank Mateo for them.

I may or may not be in my pajamas for this game...

I'm 5'1. Real big competition you know. 

My classic beach volleyball pose.






No comments:

Post a Comment