Monday, March 21, 2011

Birthday*Lime

I have recently celebrated birthday # 25 (again). I suppose you could also call it the 1st anniversary of my 25th birthday. Either way, the celebrations, (yes there were more than one), were amazing. I was surrounded by good company, and the weather was fabulous. Might I also add that I have the best birthday in the entire world? Why, you ask? Well, it happens to fall on St. Patrick's Day. I don't think it's necessary to elaborate on that topic.

March 17th was on a Thursday this year, which means that it wasn't yet the weekend. Therefore, none of my student friends, (including my husband), were able to do anything fun during the day. No problem; I just spent the afternoon with my VIP girls. :)

At 11:00 a.m., Emily, Erin, Sami, and I headed out to Reggae Beach Bar & Grill. It was a bit of a drive to this particular beach, but it was worth it. Shortly after we arrived, Diana, Janae, and Kristen joined our little group. We spent the afternoon splashing around in the water and soaking up the rays. We also paid a visit to the beach pets: Wilbur the 600 + pound pig, the monkeys, and the goat. Diana was nice enough to feed one of the monkeys and the goat.

Eventually, Kristen, Janae, and Erin had to head out, but we were soon joined by Abby and Sarah. The more, the merrier!


From left to right: Janae, Kristen, Diana, BIRTHDAY GIRL, Erin, Emily, and Sami.

Just monkeying around. :)


From left to right: Sami, Sarah, Diana, BIRTHDAY GIRL, Emily, and Abby.


Nevis in the background. 


The Canadian and the Crasian!

Crasians!




"It's my birthday!!!"



At about 4:00 p.m., we called it a day, and headed back home. Birthday Celebration Part I was a success. Everyone had a great time, and it was very relaxing. It was a perfect beach day. :)


Later that night, some of us headed out to Bobsy's for a St. Patrick's Day party. It was packed, and a lot of my friends came to celebrate both my birthday and the holiday. Woot woot!


My little leprechaun!

Emily, BIRTHDAY GIRL, and Samantha.

The birthday tshirt in this photo is actually Kristen's. She showed up at Bobsy's with it on, and insisted we trade shirts. I said, "okay!."

Gotta love Tony. :)

We ran into Jonathan, our teammate from soccer on Sundays.


On Friday, I had a birthday dinner at Sprat Net which was deemed Birthday Celebration Part II. Sprat Net is a local restaurant that appears to be a tiny little shack from the outside, and it's probably not in the best part of town. However, it's really spacious on the inside and placed right on the coast. They also happen to serve really yummy food. Since it was Friday night, all of my vet student friends could participate. I had a great time mingling with everyone!

Diana and BIRTHDAY GIRL. 

Miss Emily baked cupcakes for me. Isn't she the best? Look how excited I am!!

NOM NOM NOM


BIRTHDAY GIRL and Mateo.

My generous friends joining me for my birthday dinner. :)

More friends... :)

And morrrrrrrrrrre friends... :)

Garbage Pizza = Supreme Pizza

Left side of table: Scott and Susan; Right side of table: Anna and Nicole.

BIRTHDAY GIRL and Nam.


BIRTHDAY GIRL with the Yaws. :) Love them!

BIRTHDAY GIRL and Kristen.



From left to right: Diana, Jessie, BIRTHDAY GIRL, Sami, and Rhiannon.
Janae had also baked cupcakes for me, so there were plenty to go around. :)



3 comments:

  1. Best birthday weekend ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! And Love Birthdays! Love Blogging! And Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, girl. I had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete