Thursday, March 31, 2011

La Belle Vie

I have been intensely obsessing about this little French restaurant in Frigate Bay, called, La Belle Vie. All of my friends have been raving about how fabulous it is, and I was really looking forward to going sometime to see if the rumors were true. Since going out to eat isn't a priority while we're down here, and much less cost-efficient than grocery shopping, I figured we'd have to wait until a special occasion.

Lucky for me, Jacob's parents are in town and they generously offered to treat us to dinner last night at...guess where? HA—you know it. LA BELLE VIE, baby.

The restaurant was adorably quaint with wooden tables and chairs, lit candles, modern table settings, and crystal clear wine glasses. We dined outside on the patio under twinkling indoor/outdoor lights that were strung around the room. My meal was...for lack of a better term, delicious, and I ate every single thing on my plate. Leftovers? Yeah, right. 

A big thank you goes to Jacob and his parents for the special treat. We were surrounded by good people and good food---can't get much better than that. 

Here's my appetizer: Tomato Bavarian Mousse with a savory side salad. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment