Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ear Infection Gone...Eczema On.

It has been eight days since my ear infection made its lovely appearance. I am now happy to report that I'm about ninety percent back to my normal self. Whew. I did try contacting the doctor's office at one point to make an appointment, but they never called me back. I consider myself lucky that my little ear healed on its own. I've never had an ear infection as an adult before, and I do not wish it on anyone. I lost an entire week because of it, not to mention that it was quite painful, and I couldn't sleep on my left side---which is my preference. Blah.

Wednesday was the actual day that my ear started to feel less painful. Yay. However, I then noticed later that same evening that I had small clear bumps/blisters all over my hands and fingers. WTF? Since the healthcare here hasn't been amazing, I hopped on the internet to diagnosis myself. GREAT. Fifteen minutes later, I diagnosed myself with a slight case of eczema most likely caused by the climate change. It is now Sunday, and my hands and fingers are back to their fatty sausage-like selves---sans the small blisters. 


2 comments:

  1. Which doctor do you visit on the island? I really liked Dr. Holness (can't remember exact spelling). His clinic was downtown in Independence Square, and he is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes---Dr. Holness. That's who I tried to call, but his secretary never called back to set up an appointment. I would've tried to call again, but luckily it wasn't too long after the first try that my ear started to heal itself.

    ReplyDelete