Tuesday, February 1, 2011

On The Hunt for a Muffin Pan

On Friday I went to campus with Mateo, worked out at the gym, and then headed home in search of a muffin pan, per my husband's request. I was put in charge of baking a batch for the big breakfast scheduled at Michaelene's on Saturday. Our plan was to gather at her apartment to pig out prior to heading out to Beach*Fest (more about this in a later post).

Once I finished getting ready for the day and had given the doggies some attention, I headed out to the IGA, one of the grocery stores. I figured that they would carry something common like a muffin pan; I was wrong. So I left and headed to Karibhanas, which is a department store in Basseterre.

I pulled into a parking lot near Port Zante (where the cruise ships port), and walked the short distance to the store. There were two cruise ships in that day, and as you can imagine, a lot of tourists were out and about. It was actually nice to see all the people visiting.



While walking through Port Zante, I saw local Kittitians dressed in tribal-wear, performing a dance.





Having been to Karibhanas before, I knew right where to go to find the much needed muffin pan. SCORE!

On my way back to my car, I took a photo of the National Museum.

The present building was completed in 1894, replacing a wooden structure which had an archway that people walked through when arriving and leaving the island. This lead to the building being referred to as "The Gateway to Basseterre." www.stkittsheritage.com/national_museum.asp

1 comment: