Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beach Volleyball and Dinner at Bombay Blues

Friday is the best day of the week, even for me, being temporarily retired and having little responsibility. Why is it so awesome? Well, mainly because it's the one night that the students get to have a little fun between weekend studying. 

After Mateo arrived home from school on Friday, we headed down to Timothy's Beach to yet again cheer on our friends' teams. Watching the volleyball matches are becoming something we do every week, and I quite enjoy it. It's fun to meet up with your friends, cheer on the folks who are actually playing, and of course—meet new people. 

For dinner, we decided to meet our friends at Bombay Blues, an Indian restaurant on the Marriott strip.

Me and Emily Yaw, Taylor's wife.
My Nerd Herd. Beginning with the bottom row, left-to-right: Zack, Jacob, and Ryan. Top row: Taylor and Mateo.



The food was delicious. I had never eaten at an Indian restaurant before, and I absolutely loved it...although, I suppose my one complaint, (if allowed one), would be that the portion sizes could've been bigger. Blame it on my Michigan roots, but this girl likes to eat.

We had quite a few other people join us for dinner and by the end, we probably had about fifteen dinner guests. It was a great night filled with good food and good people.



No comments:

Post a Comment