Saturday, October 1, 2011

Things That Never Get Old: Wildlife Sightings of Sea Turtles, Green Vervet Monkeys, and Mongoose

Tuesday was a beach day. A few of we VIPs headed to Shipwreck in the morning. The water was choppy and the sun was kind of shy, but we still had a good time. We saw monkeys and mongoose as usual, but it just never gets old.

How cute is this little guy?

At first I thought this was the fattest monkey on the island...and then I realized that its baby is wrapped around her. Also, notice the mongoose in the background!


On Thursday, Kori Lee and I hosted a 'craft day' at her condo. Always looking for something to do, various female VIPs attended, and we had a great time. We snacked on cake balls, brownies, and popcorn, while we crafted away the afternoon. Meanwhile, Blaine, Kori's daughter, was crawling around and distracting us with her absolute adorableness. Can you blame us? She's too stinkin' cute! In between our chit chat and catch-up conversations, I taught the ladies how to create a few fabric flowers, and I think they were happy with their results. Even though I never end up making anything, (because I'm too busy instructing), I still really enjoy 'craft day.' It's fun seeing what each person creates, and I also like witnessing everyone's excitement as their projects come together in the end.

Friday was another enjoyable day of the week. Jennifer Chin, a fellow VIP and former teacher at the RUSVM Prep School, isn't working during her husband's last semester. Thus, she's available to hang out with the Real Housewives of St. Kitts, and become one herself! So, on Friday, we went snorkeling at White House Bay, (where we spotted a sea turtle), and then had a wonderful lunch at Spice Mill Restaurant


Jen and me. 

Sea Turtle!!

View from Spice Mill Restaurant



Ladies Lunching

And here's a rather large boulder that fell off the cliff.



Friday evening, I had beach volleyball, and dinner at Buddies Beach Hut to celebrate Matthew's 28th birthday. Funny that's he's 28 now; I've known him since he was 15!

Today, October 1st, is Matthew's actual birthday and we had a fairly relaxing day. He had to go up to school for a little bit to help with washing the kennel dogs. Afterwards, Matthew came home, we had lunch, and then headed to the movie theatre to watch, Contagion. I really enjoyed the movie, and it was pretty beneficial that Matthew could explain all the science-y terms to me. Oh that reminds me: I should probably tell you what classes he's taking this semester. 

Mechanisms of Disease
Epidemiology
Clinical Pathology
Pathology II
Pharmacology II

And now we're wrapping up the day in front of our television. We're watching the Nebraska vs. Wisconsin game, and so far, Wisco is winning! (Sorry Yaw Family!)


1 comment:

  1. The mongoose in that monkey picture cracks me up! And I agree, the sightings of these common island animals really never gets old! Just livin the dream in St. Kitts....

    ReplyDelete