Monday, March 26, 2012

The 2nd Anniversary of my 25th Birthday

This year I turned 27...err...I mean 25 for the second time. I still have vivid memories of my Caribbean Birthday*Lime from last year, so when it was time to make plans again, it was hard for me to believe that a whole year had already passed! Of course, this year's celebrations were just as fun. I feel very blessed to have such caring people in my life who don't mind me being a little indulgent on my birthday.

On Friday, March 16th, Tiffany and Gilbert had me and Matty over for dinner to celebrate a day early. We cooked, enjoyed champagne, listened to music, and ate a big yummy dinner. Then...they surprised me with a beautiful mad hatter-style birthday cake. I was shocked! I have always wanted a cake like that. I just love love love the lopsided shapes and bright colors of mad hatter cakes. Bonus points for the husband for being so thoughtful. And a big thank you goes to Tiff and Gilly for helping Mateo out with the cake.

On Saturday, March 17th, (my actual birthday), we headed out to Banana Bay with all of our friends. Everyone brought a dish or beverage to share, we grilled, swam, played corn hole, and generally enjoyed a glorious sunny day at the beach. Even a few doggies made it out to my birthday*lime!

After beachin' it all day, Matty and I arrived home around 7:30 p.m., with plenty of time to go out and celebrate St. Patty's Day. However, we opted to stay at home. WEIRD RIGHT? I had the biggest intentions to go out that night, but I had overdosed on birthday cake and was pretty exhausted from being in the sun all day. Crap...does this mean that I'm getting old? 

Next year, I'll be turning 28...and I won't be on-island, which makes me a little bit sad. I really do love my island life. I feel very lucky to have had beautiful Caribbean beaches as venues for my last two birthday celebrations. At this time, I actually don't know where we'll be. We'll find out in September where life's adventures leads us next.

So anyway, here are some photos from my birthday weekend; enjoy!

How cute is my birthday cake??


Beautiful day for my Birthday*Lime!


Can't celebrate w/o my Ladies of Leisure! 










No comments:

Post a Comment