Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011. Hello, 2012!

The year, 2011, was full of adventure, and it flew by oh so fast. I guess it's true when they say Time Flies When You're Having Fun.

January 15, 2011 is when I officially moved to Saint Kitts to be with Matthew while he finishes up the rest of his curriculum at RUSVM. Every month from then on, I met new people, I enjoyed the sun, I explored the island, I lived, I learned, I partied, I swam, I snorkeled, I loved, I liked, I disliked, I saw sea turtles, I drove a shady-ass car, I laughed a lot, I cried a little, I ate, I drank, I ran, I missed family and friends, I cooked, I cleaned, I read, I traveled, I earned a pretty fantastic tan, I grew (not physically), I lived simply...and I was happy.

And I'm still happy. I'm very much looking forward to 2012 and the adventures it will bring. This is our last year on-island, and we'll also be finding out where we'll be travelling next sometime towards the end of this year. In the mean time, I'm praying time slows down just a little, so I can soak up as much as I can. 

Goodbye 2011. You were...life-changing.

My friend, Kristen, sent me this image via Google, asking me to recreate it...it was difficult to do so, so I'm settling with this nice photo instead. :) 





1 comment: