Sunday, December 18, 2011

May the Caribbean Christmas Activities Commence!

On Friday, we decorated our Christmas tree.

Oh whoa whoa whoa. Let's back up a second. I should first inform you of where said Christmas tree originated.

I had gone over to Diana's house for a hat fitting. As a going away gift, I crocheted a hat and scarf for her, so I had to make sure it was going to fit her head before finishing the project. While there, Brigett came over, and the following conversation occured:

Brigett: Hey, Diana! Do you have a machete I could borrow? (BTW, This is not an odd question to be asked in Saint Kitts.)
Diana: Hi! Yes, of course I do. It's a little rusty, but here you go.
Brigett: Great, thanks.
Diana and Catherine (in unison): What are you going to do with that, exactly?
Brigett: I'm going to chop down a tree. You'll want one too; follow me.

So off we went, following Brigett to the back of Fairway condos, where a big pine tree hung over a fence. (I know---weird right? Because it's the Caribbean...how are there pine trees?)

Brigett proceeded to inform us that she was going to hack off a branch, put it in a pot, and call it her Christmas tree. At this point, I completely agreed with her earlier suggestion: YES, I WANTED ONE TOO.

With that said, we can now move on to the rest of the story...

On Friday, we decorated our Christmas tree with beergaritas in hand. We, as in: Matthew, me, and our neighbors, Peter & Audrey. We adorned the tree with a string of multi-colored lights purchased from IGA, and hung authentic sand dollars, (found by me, in the Caribbean Sea), on the branches. We used fishing line to hang the mermaid money, thanks to Mateo's abundant fishing supplies. The four of us had a good time celebrating the end of yet another semester, the beginning of a three week break, and of course---the holiday season! We also managed to snap a few pictures of Milo and Trooper in reindeer ears. Caribbean Christmas? YES PLEASE.


Love these!
BEERGARITA...delicious BEERGARITA, that is!

Two of the cutest reindeer EVER!
And here's our tree at night. :)





1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha the reindeer doggies make me giggle! LOVE the Charlie Brown tree with festive Caribbean decorations! Good thing we had a spare Machete!! :) Miss and love you!!

    ReplyDelete