Thursday, December 22, 2011

Horse Races at Beaumont Park

Beaumont Park Race Track & Entertainment Centre is a 198-acre sporting paradise that draws thousands of patrons monthly for premium thoroughbred horse racing and family-friendly entertainment---according to their website

On Sunday, December 18th, Matthew and I made the trip around the island to check it out. Never having been to a horse race before, I was really looking forward to it. The race track has a beautiful view of Mount Liamuiga, and it also overlooks the Atlantic Ocean. Pretty unique, right?

There were a lot of spectators at the race track that day...locals, expats, students, etc. When we arrived, we ran into Emily Yaw  and her family. They were on their island tour and lucky for us---they decided to stop at the race track to check it out. I love pleasant surprises! Our neighbors, Peter and Audrey, were also at the track, but we had planned on meeting them there. In addition, my friend, Brigett, and her family were there too. 

ANYWAY---the racing was pretty cool. I'd be interested in going again. I'm sure the racing here is nothing compared to what you'd find in Kentucky, but it was still enjoyable. (Excuse the random order of the photos below. Blogger was acting up a little when I was uploading them.) 

Mount Liamuiga in the distance.

Lush tropical scenery on the way to Beaumont Park.
Notice the Finishing Gate in the distance behind us.


Dance performer---I thought he was adorable!
The rest of the dancers...

Crasians at the track!
Spectators 


1 comment: