Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's That Time Again...

Finals begin on Monday, and Matthew will have an exam every day until Wednesday, having already taken a final last Thursday. In the mean time, he is working hard to soak in as much information as his brain can handle. As I'm sitting here writing this, Matthew and Sharon are in my living room, already studying the day away. Sharon arrived at about 8:00 a.m, and she'll probably be here until at least 5:00 p.m. This is...normal.

So what do the VIPs do while our students are in finals mode, you ask? Well, I'm sure it varies a bit for each person, but my schedule usually involves the following: 

- Clean
- Cook
- Bake
- Sleep
- Do laundry
- Take a nap
- Try not to distract the student
- Run errands
- Blog
Pin
- Soak up vitamin D
- Go to the movies
- Keep the dogs occupied
- Take another nap
- Stay out of the way

As you can see, our main job is to take care of our students as best as we can during the most stressful time of the semester. Thankfully, I have it pretty good considering that my student usually has things under control, and doesn't shank me when I say stupid things like, "Go study, but before you go, can you hand me that remote? And the cheetos?"

In other news, Matthew recently passed his 'Rossie.' To those of you who are not part of our RUSVM community, this is a really big deal. A 'Rossie' is basically a mock spay performed on a model. You are only given two chances to pass, and if you fail on both attempts, you have to repeat an entire semester. Thankfully, Matthew passed on his first try. I like to think it had something to do with my words of wisdom prior to him beginning the procedure: "Matty. Just remember: You're pretend-spaying a sweatshirt." 

Anyway, that's the update for now. Good luck on your finals, vet students! And of course, good luck to my fellow VIPs.



No comments:

Post a Comment