Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Little Big Flower Never Hurt Anyone

I looooove fabric flower accessories. And I especially love them when they are obnoxiously large boldly displayed. Please see examples below: 



Here I am celebrating my 25th birthday, pink flower and all.

Celebrating Sharon's bday with a tulle flower. 

Oh look at that: another flower accessory...on my head.

Here's a personal favorite of mine: Kristen, former SKB Desperate Housewife, is happily displaying all of her handcrafted fabric flowers while singing karaoke. Please note the flower in her hair, the flowers on her necklace, and please don't miss the flower ring. 


So you're probably wondering why I'm taking the time to blog about this. Well, today I was perusing my friends' photos on instagram when I saw the little gem below. My friend, Janae, shared the pic to capture the height of her son, Raymond, (in the background), in comparison to the other children. While he is a tall lad, my eyes couldn't focus on lovely Raymond because they were too busy gawking at the gray hair accessory on the girl's head in front. I added a pink arrow to the photo in case you, for some crazy reason, missed it.






At first I guffawed—I mean, c'mon! That flower is huge! Bigger than her own head! Sure I've got a big flower like that but you don't see it on my head! Needless to say, I had quite a few laughs because of it. And then...I shut my face. Mostly because I realized that I'd probably do that to my kid too. And it wouldn't stop there. Oh no no, my friends. My poor kid(s) would show up to school in top hats and fascinators, and maybe a spectacle, like Mr. Peanut. Therefore...I judge not.


No comments:

Post a Comment