Sunday, August 5, 2012

Farewell to Rob & Steph

Living in St. Kitts has been really manageable, and I credit a lot of my positive attitude to surrounding myself with wonderful people who also really like it here. Stephanie is one of those people. You've probably heard me mention her before, or maybe you also follow her blogs which can be found here and here.

Anyway, I'm sad to announce that they are moving back to the US of A. Stephanie leaves this Wednesday, and Rob leaves right after finals. Why are they leaving sunny St. Kitts, you ask? Well...they are having a baby, (which I guess is a good excuse), and Rob is transferring to UGA to finish up his vet med studies. 

While I am excited for them to get settled somewhere semi-permanently, prepare for their newborn baby boy, (who shall remain nameless until Rob decides on something else besides Rafiki and Walter Melon), and enjoy the riches of the great land of America—I am super bummed that they are leaving.

Thankfully, a bunch of we students and VIPs were given a chance to head over to their Dolphin House this afternoon to say our goodbyes, snack on yummies, and enjoy their company. As you can imagine, it was a lovely afternoon.

Farewell, Stephanie and Rob. Safe travels, good luck, and please keep in touch! You both will be missed immensely. P.S. Looking forward to meeting little baby Seerley. xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment