Friday, January 27, 2012

Elvis

It's a dark day on the island. I woke up to texts, phone calls, Facebook updates, and official news stating that our much loved friend, Elvis, was shot last night. Owner of Elvis' Love Shack on The Strip, he happily welcomed Ross students and spouses---any day or night of the week. We all loved him. And now our hearts are broken.

Greg, a Ross student and friend, posted the following as his Facebook status update. I thought it was really heartfelt, so I wanted to share it.

January 20, 2012, 10:00 a.m.
G: ...You not opening up yet?
E: Not until this afternoon. Nobody here 'til then.
G: But isn't there a ship in? I saw tourists walking around this morning.
E: Eh tourists...man. Nah, the students, ya'll are my people.

RIP, Elvis. You were a favorite among our Ross community. Saint Kitts will not be the same without you, and my heart goes out to your family.



Elvis is in the red shirt, posing with a ton of VIPs. This party was held for our former VIP Coordinator, Lindsay, next to him in the blue.  

We love you, Elvis! You are deeply missed!
This was taken last January, when I first arrived on the island. Elvis always took great care in looking after we spouses. 


2 comments:

  1. That's one of the last nights the karaoke worked at Bobsy's, and the night that Elvis busted my lip with the microphone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad news :( He will really be missed by all the Rossies.

    ReplyDelete