Saturday, January 21, 2012

{Conversations}

Last year, I was asked to substitute teach at Ross' Prep School. For about nine weeks, I came in to sub for the fifth and six graders on Friday afternoons. One of the hours was P.E., and being in sunny Saint Kitts, that class is always held outside, unless it's raining.

Jada: Miss Catherine?
Me: Yes?
Jada: You're really sparkly and shimmery in the sun.
Me: Thanks.
Jada: Are you sweating?
Me: Nope.
Jada: ...
Me: No, I'm not a vampire either.
Jada: Oh...(awkward, disappointed giggle).

I blame my adult friends for failing to inform me that I wear too much bronzer. Sure guys, leave it up to a 5th grader to let me know. At least her first thought was that I was related to the Cullens, and not Mimi from The Drew Carey Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment