Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shout Out to my Spirit Animal: The Sea Otter

My dear friend, Abby, has been on a mission to spot a sea turtle since being in St. Kitts. I happen to see sea turtles all the time, so when together, we would often discuss what her "strategies" should be for seeing one in the wild. Sea turtles are magnificent creatures, and they happen to be Abby's spirit animal.

Recently, Abby finally caught sight of one. She and her husband, Jacob, saw it on Sunday. Check out the photo below; I think this particular sea turtle is a Green. (Please let me know if I'm mistaken.) Congratulations, Abby!





Abby's mention of a spirit animal was intriguing. Being typical me, I decided I needed one too. It wasn't difficult to discover mine. Images of sea otters filled my head immediately upon imagining what my spirit animal would be. Matthew and I have entertained ideas about settling in the Pacific Northwest someday. Perhaps I'll find an opportunity in my near future to integrate sea otters into my life. You just never know.


Here are two of my favorite YouTube clips featuring sea otters. 





1 comment:

  1. OMG the otter holding hands video is probably the cutest thing in the whole world! I just giggle the whole time I'm watching it and then play it again, and then call Andee over and make him watch it and then he wants to see it again.....very cute! Definitely a great Spirit Animal! Mine is going to be a Leopard, no surprise there! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete