Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nevis Hike

In early June, Tiffany and I went on a hike with a group of VIPs and students. We were gone all day long. We headed to the ferry in Basseterre at about 6:30 a.m., and we didn't return until about 6:00 p.m.

The hike was a great experience, but it was tough. I have hiked to Mt. Liamuiga in the past, and that was difficult—but hiking to the Nevis Peak was an entirely different story. First of all, I never felt like I was ever just hiking. On the way up, I spent a majority of the time climbing, scaling, and pulling myself upward with ropes. On the way down, I was falling forward and hoping to catch myself on a tree trunk, bush, vine, or tree root. It was exhausting! However, at 3,232 feet, the view at the top was beautiful. It was definitely a great bonding experience with our friends, and I'll never forget it. After the strenuous hike, and before we caught the ferry back to St. Kitts, we made a pit stop at Sunshine's for lunch and booze. It was a great end to an adventurous day. 



A view of the Nevis Peak.

Me and Tiffany at the top.

Pretty view.



Our group.






No comments:

Post a Comment