Monday, May 9, 2011

Pinterest

I have found myself an entirely new hobby and it's called pinning. You know...like Charlie Sheen, winning but sort of not...or not at all.

Anyway, I like to bookmark anything and everything I find online that inspires me. (You know---recipes, crafting & sewing tutorials, interesting images/photos, etc.) In addition to that, I often email myself links and ideas. As you can imagine, it's been difficult to keep all of these bookmarks and emails organized. Not to mention that I'm famous for, "Ooooooooh. I totally forgot about that idea! I need to try that soon." Yeah, okay. Until I forget about it again and find the email from 2006 seven years later. What's the solution to this craziness? Pinterest, folks.

What is Pinterest, you ask? The About section on their web site states:


Think of Pinterest as a virtual pinboard — a place where you can create collections of things you love and "follow" collections created by people with great taste. People use Pinterest to collect and share all sorts of things -- wedding inspiration, favorite T-shirts, DJ equipment. You name it, people are pinning it. We know you have great taste in something. Our mission is to make Pinterest the best place for you to share your taste with the world.


Basically, you install "Pin It," onto your bookmarks bar and when you come across something you want to save for later, you click "Pin It," write a little description of what you're pinning, and then designate it to a category of your choice. Done and done. Trust me, it's amazing and user-friendly. Anyone can join Pinterest but it's currently invite-only. I may or may not know a way around this. So if you're interested, leave me a comment. Or, just wait for your own invite---whatever works for you.


Give Pinterest a chance if you're a serial bookmarker like me...but don't say I didn't warn you about it being addicting. 

P.S. Click here to see my Pinterest boards and pins.


No comments:

Post a Comment