Saturday, August 20, 2011

End of 3rd Semester

Thursday marked the end of finals and the end of third semester. Can you believe it? Final grades were scheduled to be released on Saturday at noon, but somebody found out on Friday that they were already posted. The news spread like wildfire, and before I knew it, I woke up from my nap and saw Mateo turning on his laptop. Apparently our neighbor, Peter, knocked on our door and quickly uttered the long-awaited words, "The grades are up." With a mix of nervousness, anxiousness, and fear—Mateo checked his grades................and he did really really well!

Since Matthew wrapped up the semester with high marks, I feel really good about our upcoming vacation, and he does too. No worries to be had by anyone! On Monday, we leave for the Seattle area, or more specifically---Federal Way, Washington. We are going to be staying with our friend, Heather, and exploring the state. I am so excited!

Priorities while in America:

1. Get a haircut
2. Shop
3. Consume American food

I have not been back to the U.S. since January, so I'm really looking forward to sinking back into American culture, if only for a week. The weather is suppose to be beautiful, so I'm hoping I'll be able to drag Matthew back to our little tropical island. Haha.

I, on the other hand, have no problem returning to these views:







3 comments:

  1. Okay, I went to Seattle this time of year NINE years ago, because I'm really old, and it was HEAVEN. Like I never wanted to leave and I wondered why anyone lives anywhere else. So jealous. We tried the 3rd semester on St. Kitts. It was fun. HAHAHAAH.

    LOVE YOU AND SAFE TRAVELS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your eyes peeled for photos---you know I'll take a ton...amateur pics of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Matt's good grades!! So excited for our hubby's to be done with third!! My priorities are exactly the same as yours, with a few added Canadian restaurants such as East Side Marios. Look it up. I have so far done all three of these priorities, but the fast food consumption is an on-going accomplishment.

    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete